Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our School Values

We have been talking out the values which are important to us at Nelson Central School. We wrote what those values mean to us and drew pictures to illustrate our ideas.

Doing our best.
Doing our best sounds like hard working children and looks like serious children thinking hard.
Madison

Getting along with others.
This means making friends, including people and being friendly to others. At school I try to include others and be kind. I find this easy because I like getting along with others.
Hattie

It means picking fair teams in soccer and playing fair with no cheating.
Jonti

Getting along with others means playing a good game and having a good time.
Hannah

Making good choices.
Making good choices means being a good role model. I say, "Be quiet," on the mat when we're supposed to be listening to the teacher. It means sitting at my desk quietly and getting on with my work.
Maya

At Nelson Central School I always try to follow the school rules properly. I think before I act and I act sensibly. These actions help me to always make good choices.
Joe


Looking after the world.
My ideas are to pick up rubbish, don't pollute our school and recycle your paper, put your scraps in the compost bin and to plant more trees. I would like people to do this because it is good for the planet.
Hazel

Looking after our world means picking up rubbish to keep our world clean.
Jonti

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Did you get the classroom to do this!!!! You must do alot of work now!!!!!!!!!!


    By Hayden!

    ReplyDelete